Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Croe's Cutthroats received...

I've received my Croe's Cutthroats. It's a unit I've been wanting to pick up since I got in to the game, but it's just such a poorly thought out unit. They have such poor range, and their best ability requires something a ranged unit will rarely have, which is back strike bonus. They also have pathetic stats, need help hitting the broad side of a barn, and run away if someone so much as looks at them.


Now it's no secret that I loathe Scaverous, but he does bring one thing to the table, and that's the opportunity to field these guys and do well with them. I've decided that this will be my reason not to hate him, which I need since he should be in the mail shortly. I don't know if I'll ever actually field Scaverous, but it was a nice excuse to begin the Witch Coven project I've been playing around with.

The Witch Coven has Occultation, which would make Cephalyx Overlords actually playable. Curse of Shadow & Stalkers should prove interesting, and Croe's can be included to fit the stealth theme. Bane Thralls with unit attachment and Tartarus can provide a great blockade, and a couple of Arc Nodes sprinkled on, would make the list playable

The Witch Coven of Garlghast
- Deathripper
- Deathripper
- Deathripper
- Stalker
- Stalker
Skarlock Thrall
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
- Bane Thrall Officer & Standard
Cephalyx Overlords
Croe's Cutthroats (Croe and 9 Grunts)
The Withershadow Combine
Bane Lord Tartarus
 
Everything painted as dark and brooding as I can manage. Should be fun, but will probably destroy my win-statistics.
_______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment