Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

pDeneghra Vs. pStryker

It was an interesting game because I got to meet my first Battle Engine but that's about it. I really like this new pDeneghra list but it makes for some seriously uninteresting games if the enemy isn't prepared for it, though the list I was facing had me seriously confused:
Commander Coleman Stryker
- Ol' Rowdy
- Stormclad
Storm Strider
Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts)
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Captain Arlan Strangewayes
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Journeyman Warcaster
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Squire
His deployment was standard and that Storm Strider really dominated the line, but I brought the Black Ogrun and those POW 10 leaps didn't scare me nearly as much as they would have with my old infantry spam list.



First turn running as usual (the Bloat Thrall on the bottom right had the "honor" of being Parasited because the Bloats would do fuck all this game anyway). The Bloodgorgers are Black Ogrun but I did receive the first three real models today so next week should feature less proxies (but damn they're ugly models)

Then he ran everything up and popped his feat. Arcane Shield on Rowdy and Juniors Arcane Shield on the Stormclad made the two front-line jacks damn near immortal (armor 28 and 27 respectively). His infantry was mostly armor 20 and even with the debuff queen that nut was hard to crack! I decided I didn't need to crack it and scenario was the way to go (Overrun).

Peanut butter jelly time!
Deneghra feats and catches almost the entire list since it's so small. Gorman Black Oils the Stormclad and the Sirens lock down a heavy each. The Stormclad was actually down to defense three at the time but I couldn't manage more than five damage total on that armored monstrosity. A Pistol Wraith managed Death Chill on the Storm Strider so it couldn't aim, and without tokens and with The Withering up it had little chance of hitting a barn door. A Crippling Grasp on the Storm Blades and they were out with SPD 1 and no run/charge.

Then I just ran up the remaining Black Ogrun (a couple of them were fried by the Storm Strider since it was impossible to avoid as the thing threatens 23" with Snipe) and made a wall of flesh. I positioned the WSC to make a new Seether when his turn was over (no running away with Shadow Bind on the heavies) but he pondered the setup for about fifteen minutes and declared the game unwinnable.
Warwitch Deneghra
- Deathripper
- Deathripper
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (Leader and 4 Grunts)
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (Leader and 4 Grunts)
The Withershadow Combine
Bloat Thrall
Bloat Thrall
Gorman di Wulfe
Orin Midwinter
Pistol Wraith
Pistol Wraith
Saxon Orrik
Skarlock Thrall
Warwitch Siren
Warwitch Siren
This list impresses me every time and even with stupid moves (I wanted to nuke the elf hooker but when I tried bouncing lightning through my own Saxon Orrik I was outside 5" and stealth works on my own models as well) it was never really a problem. Now I just need to convert my Black Ogrun and find a workable paint scheme for the Pistol Wraiths and I'm golden.

/Lamoron

No comments:

Post a Comment