Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Final results...

Another short update.

Game 4: Against Retribution (Garryth), I saw my opponent do the "oooh shiiiit" face,  when Garryth was gang-banged by Bane Thralls during Withering and with Tartarus' curse up. It was over very quickly, and he took out my Satyxis Raiders and nothing else.

Game 5: Against Wraith Witch Deneghra, and I took Terminus because our armies were so alike it would have been boring otherwise. He locked me down, killed some stuff, then had some stuff killed in return by the 7-8 models that could actually move. The next round he ran out of time, and Terminus caught Deneghra. She was behind an obstacle and camping four Focus, but Terminus was still pissed about failing on Severius, and made up for it with some great rolls. Unlike Severius she should have survived, but dice are dice and do as they like.

I failed to get any control points, while the others with four wins got 1-2 in total, and that's what booted me out of top three. I didn't think control points would matter much, but they were the first tie breaker before strength of schedule, and I got none, zero, keine , zippo, and naught, in all five matches.

In the end I finished 5th, and I'm more than satisfied with that. The top5 were all club members, and I can honestly say that I'm happy with being beaten by them. Two of them in particular deserved it, and have worked tirelessly for the last couple of months getting ready, so I'm happy to see it pay of.

A great set of games, and I'm looking forward to writing up my experiences in more detail tomorrow.
______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment