Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lord Exhumator Scaverous Vs. The Harbinger

Tonight I fought my first really hard game since the masters, and what a game it was! I brought my Scaverous list, which admittedly isn't tuned to perfection, and I had the worst match-up I can imagine. 

Lord Exhumator Scaverous
- Deathripper
- Deathripper
Skarlock Thrall
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
- Officer & Standard
Bloodgorgers (Leader and 5 Grunts)
The Withershadow Combine
Bane Lord Tartarus
General Gerlak Slaughterborn
Rorsh & Brine
Warwitch Siren
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw

Vs.

Harbinger of Menoth
- Redeemer
- Reckoner
Hierophant
Avatar of Menoth
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Daughters of the Flame (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Knights Exemplar (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & 2 Honor Guard
Nicia, Tear of Vengeance
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
Saxon Orrik
The Covenant of Menoth
Vassal of Menoth

My opponent was testing a list for the ETC in 2012, which was designed to lock down spellcasting, though it had a few issues that we sorted out after the game. We rolled a capture the flag scenario that had little impact on the game, and he won the roll to go first.

I was charged, then locked down by her feat, then mauled some more, but in the end the lack of Devout cost him the game. It took almost everything I had left to clear out the Covenant, but the Harbinger was pulled into range, and Scaverous made two new Bane Thralls with Excarnate, and placed them in range. 

One was all it took, since the Harbinger had rolled poorly on her sacrifices, and I pulled a win out of my behind again. We agreed he should try a minimum choir, removing Orin, and removing the Vassal in order to fit in a Devout, and he asked to meet my pDenny list in a couple of weeks, to prepare for the worst Cryx had to throw at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment