Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ramblings: Battlecollege

When I first noticed Warmachine, I found Battlecollege and began reading, which turned out to be a major mistake. While the site provides an easy way of getting to know your units, it's also full of mistakes and outdated information, that often does more damage then good.


I've got nothing but respect for the guys who write it, but not a day goes by without a thread appearing on the forums, where a Battlecollege mistake sparks an argument. I know it takes a lot of work to update that amount of information, but it's beyond annoying, and I wish someone would do something about it.

Backfire in 3... 2... 1...

I don't have the time to edit every wrong post, and even if I had I wouldn't know enough to edit any article outside of the cryxian ones, but I can write suggestions to the current editors of the articles, and I could use some help from you guys. Go to Battlecollege, Create an account (takes thirty seconds), and choose Page (Tags & Details) up top. From there you can see the editor, and send him a message.

I'm not going to go through it all with a comb, but I'll remember to send the editor a little message when I notice some missing or misleading information. If everyone of you are willing to spend a couple of minutes a week doing the same, we might get that site to a point where it makes sense to direct the newbies there.

In the end it will probably save us time as well, since writing a tiny message when you notice that something is wrong, will save you hours of debate on forums, or real life discussions. I'll go first, and get that Mortenebra entry fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment