Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bone-weary: Mohsar Vs. Old Witch

My wife is a spirited woman, which is code for stubborn of course, and in order to avoid living in a house of girlish colored horrors I have to take every single discussion to the next level, which takes a lot of energy. These last few days I've been to tired to even think about updating, but Monday is game night come hell or high water.

After spending half an hour just soaking in the atmosphere I got a game against an Old Witch list, and since my Cryx is still in a box somewhere I had to bring my Circle, even though I had the mental capacity of a retarded monkey.
Zevanna Agha, the Old Witch of Khador
- Behemoth
- Scrapjack
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts)
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev
Doom Reavers (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Great Bears of Gallowswood
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts)
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Gorman di Wulfe
Kovnik Jozef
It's almost embarrassing how poorly I played, and it's pointless trying to remember what I actually did, but I do remember some highlights. (Plenty of Proxy models as always with this Circle project).

I wish my Gallows would arrive soon.
I forgot to feat or pop Anti-Magic with my Druids, which got my Shadowhorn killed. I was half an inch out of range with the Warpwolf which meant that Behemoth and most of the Great Bears survived, and in turn killed the wolf. The Gorax came to close to Scrapjack and was taken down. The Bloodweavers were molested by the Nyss Hunters, and both my Gallows Groves were lost to stupid mistakes, though one of them made for a funny picture.

Raaagh SMASH PUNY TREE!!!

My turn three began with the following status on the table. I had killed 4 Doomreavers, Aiyana, and one Great Bear. I had Shifting Stones + UA, 4 Druids, Lanyssa, Megalith on 1 box, and Mohsar left. I can't move because of her feat, but in a fit of "this game is in the bag" he forgot to put up a cloud on the Old Witch, which meant I had a theoretical shot, and just then my brain decided to join the party.
  • Megalith heals 2 boxes.
  • Megalith throws the Behemoth at OW, and a good scatter sees them KD.
  • Megalith Geomancies Crevasse on OW (7.999" away) and does good damage.
  • Shifting Stones teleport up, but the Stone Keeper is more than 8" away from OW.
  • Mohsar casts Sands of Fate and telefrags the Stone Keeper.
  • Mohsar Maltreats Megalith, hoping to kill him and open up LoS to a Nyss Hunter but fails.
  • Mohsar kills Megalith from behind with melee.
  • Mohsar casts Crevasse on a Nyss Hunter.
  • Crevasse spray on OW and she dies.
Didn't even need the Druids, which is good because they were out of range. I had a unit of Shifting Stones, Lanyssa, and 4 Druids left, but a win is a win. I really need some non-magical shooting, because magic immune models are impossible to shift with my current list. The Bloodweavers really fail, and the Shadowhorn keeps dying to my stupid mistakes and will have to come back later when I've got the experience to run it, so I might have to try something like this next time. 
Mohsar the Desertwalker
- Gorax
- Megalith
- Warpwolf Stalker
- Warpwolf Stalker
Shifting Stones
- Stone keeper
Stoneward and 5 Woldstalkers
Stoneward and 5 Woldstalkers
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt)
Gallows Grove
Gallows Grove
Lord of the Feast
In other news my Terminus list has received a challenge from a Kraye player that should prove interesting, and the first qualifiers for the Danish Masters 2012 will be next month, so there should be more Cryx updates soon.

2 comments:

  1. Woldstalkers are pretty good with Mohsar because they can benefit a lot from Mirage, but I would seriously consider Bloodtrackers + Nuala for the same reason, execept they hit harder (especially with Curse of Shadows). It also might be worth bringing a Pureblood Warpwolf for the 10" POW 14 magical spray and for the fact that he can let the Stalker take Ghostly and move right through your own pillars with ease, then sprint right back behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do own them, and since I don't own the shrimps yet I think I'll take that advice. I do think the shrimps would be interesting since they can retreat out of range, while Bloodtrackers can still lose people to reach models charging.

    ReplyDelete