Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Garlghast Girl Power: 1

I've been considering what I learned from last nights game. The first thing is to stay more than five inches away from anywhere anything in my opponents army can reach by walking. That means I need ranged threats, and Duskern suggested Leviathans so I'm interested in seeing what his list looks like.

My new list sadly has no room for the Terror birds, and Eggy being on a medium base is still a problem I haven't addressed. It looks interesting though very vulnerable to massed infantry and at some point I'll cave in and include the Bile Thralls.
The Witch Coven of Garlghast
- Deathripper
- Deathripper
- Leviathan
- Leviathan
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts)
The Withershadow Combine
Gorman di Wulfe
Pistol Wraith
Pistol Wraith
Skarlock Thrall
Warwitch Siren
Warwitch Siren
Stealth Nyss Hunters sounds like fun. 

4 comments:

  1. As far as I remember my first list design was something like this:

    Witch Coven of Garlghast +5 points
    * Egregore
    * 2x Deathripper 4 points each
    * 2x Leviathan 9 points each
    * Skarlock Thrall 2 points

    Bane Lord Tartarus 4 points
    10 Bane Thralls 8 points
    * Bane Thrall Officer & Standard 3 points
    6 Bile Thralls 5 points
    6 Blackbane's Ghost Raiders 6 points
    3 Scrap Thralls 1 point

    I haven't given the list a tremendous amount of thought besides having dual Leviathans with steal in the first turn and engaging the opponents support using Blackbane's at the best possible time (for me ofc ^^). It can handle infantry with the biles, which is also a prime target for Occultation, and destroy heavies using range or melee of the Leviathans + it has 12 bane thralls and BLT. There's also the possibility of running in some scraps after Nightfall or throwing one with a Leviathan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly not the perfect list, but I do think the dual Leviathans is an interesting option for the girls. Got the idea from your Terminus list using the same, but wanted to try it out in a different setting :) What better caster for this purpose than one with 9 FOC ;) I believe the battlegroup with 2x Leviathan, 2x Deathripper and a Skarlock is the core of this build. The rest should just support this and try to cover what weaknesses the list might have.

      Delete
  2. Actually the Skarlock isn't in the Battlegroup, but I like the idea of 20" threat dual Leviathans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my bad :) I'm still not sure if my list has what it takes, but I really like the idea about the Leviathans as well as using Blackbane's to complicate things for my opponent. Forcing him to a messy turn either before or after Nightfall, or a really messy one during Nightfall :) My initial idea was to run the BB's in after Nightfall, giving my opponent 2 turns that suck in a row :)

    ReplyDelete