Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Workspace

One thing I liked about moving was the opportunity to redesign the workspace. I mostly had my things in a big pile of boxes when I lived alone, and I did have to fight the wife for a bit until we found a solution we could both accept.

Wolves of Orboros lining up for duty
A workspace in the kitchen, with everything organized in little drawers. This was definitely not something I would have done a couple of years ago but I like it. The drawers on the left are all construction.

Tools
Paints, need new brushes
Base construction
Projects and stuff that wouldn't fit elsewhere
The drawers on the right are models, mostly Cryx and mercenary models as I don't own as much Circle and it still fits in the suitcase I have for it.

Padded so the models don't rattle around.
Rarely used these days
Terminus and his boys
Heavies and NIB stash
Then I attached some more storage space on top of them for easy access to projects and bits. This was something I should have done years ago, as my bits boxes were legendary in size, and people were known to get lost in them for days. They're a lot smaller in Warmachine, but still...

Top left will be Circle
Cryx
Khador
Models that need fixing
Finally there's my current project which is to save  my Gorax and make him the bad boy he needs to be. I grabbed a new Gorax head when a buddy ordered from the bits department, and a couple of shoulder pads from Brine. It's just hardening so maybe some details tomorrow, but he's chilling out because he can't keep his arms up before the grey stuff hardens.

Arms... heavy... must... work out... more!
I do miss my eight foot table and my boxes of models, but realistically I know that has to wait until I have a garage at some point in the future.

/Lamoron

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing man, very well organized. I need to do something like this. You have inspired me.

    How much Khador do you have and did you ever field it regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brief look revealed:

    The Butcher of Khardov
    Kommandant Irusk
    Kommander Sorscha
    Vladimir, The Dark Prince
    Beast-09
    Plastic Heavy (Battlegroup Box)
    Plastic Heavy (Battlegroup Box)
    Kodiak
    Man-o-war Shocktroopers (Leader and 4 Grunts)
    Man-o-war Drakhun (with dismount)
    Koldun Kapitan Valachev

    + mercenaries that can work for them.

    Alexia Ciannor & the Risen (Alexia and 19 Risen Grunts and 3 Thralls)
    Croe's Cutthroats (Croe and 9 Grunts)
    Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts)
    Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (Boomhowler and 9 Grunts)
    Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
    Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
    Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
    Gudrun the Wanderer
    Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan
    Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
    Ogrun Bokur
    Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
    Ragman
    Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
    Rorsh & Brine
    Saxon Orrik
    Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker

    And some more mercenaries coming when an old friend gets around to sending them. I've fielded Khador exactly 0 times so far, but sometime in the future!

    /Lamoron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why am I reminded of when my father-in-law took me aside to show me his tool setup in the garage "here are the hammers"...

    All kidding aside, looks great!

    ReplyDelete