Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Considering going to a small tournament this Saturday.

It's been a tough week at work, since almost everyone is on vacation, leaving me to hold down the fort. This leaves me feeling like I don't really need another tournament this soon, but on the other hand I really need the experience. Since I'm on vacation starting tomorrow as well, I might just get in the mood anyway, so I better get working on some lists.

Annoyingly it's a 35 point tournament, so I'll have to work on some viable lists, that will still give me experience running the units and casters I'll need for the 50 points games later. This means I'll be running lists that are less than optimal, which will be a strange experience indeed.

Lich Lord Terminus: Gunslinger & Stealth.
- Leviathan
- Skarlock
Bane Thralls (Leader & 9 Grunts)
Bile Thralls (Leader & 5 Grunts)
Withershadow Combine
Darragh Wrathe
Bane Lord Tartarus
Madelyn Corbeau

A Terminus list without disposable infantry... that will be hard work. I would take more Bane Thralls instead of the Leviathan, but I don't own more (trying to buy some cheap used ones before Saturday though). Everything else is standard except for the Skarlock. Normally I'd bring Saxon Orrik or Gorman di Wulfe, but in small games like these I'll need to go on the offensive with Terminus without spending any Focus at all, so the Skarlock comes along to cast Ravager on Terminus when he needs to hit stuff.

With Tremulous, Admonia, and the Skarlock, Terminus can take out 5-6 infantry without decreasing his armor at all, and he can hit a warjack twice if there's an infantry model close by to start the chain with his hand attack as well. 2x PS20 attacks should put a serious dent in any warjack, averaging 17.5 damage against ARM20, and with a re-roll if something rolls way below average. The main issue with this army is going to be Gun Mages, so I guess eAsphyxious will have to cover those.

Lich Lord Asphyxious: Bane Assault
- Ripjaw
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts)
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
- Bane Thrall Officer & Standard
Bile Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Bane Lord Tartarus
Darragh Wrathe
Gorman di Wulfe
Saxon Orrik

Aiming at using many of the same models since my transport capacity is limited (going to buy a new case if I go Saturday, since the tournament is held at a store that sells them). I don't know how much terrain will be on the tables, so this army is also designed to circumvent heavy terrain as well. Bane Knights flow very well, and Bane Thralls will have help from Saxon Orrik. Darragh Wrathe will increase move and features a great SPD as well with Ligh Cavalry move, so he should do fine without help. Gorman is mainly there because I had two points left over anyway.


I think I will be fine, even if it is slightly below optimal lists... if I go that is.
____________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment