Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trial run... Mortenebra.

Now I've had almost a third of my games with Lich Lord Asphyxious, so I feel I can go head to head with anyone while using him (also because he's something of a win-button), but at a SR event you need to bring two lists, so I've been messing about with some options. Initially I was going to run with Lich Lord Terminus, but after a couple of test games I've decided against it. Now I did win all four games with Terminus, but I came to realize that moving around sixty models... twice... every round, and respawning, positioning, keeping lanes open, and waiting for my opponent to mess up, would be hell while playing with time limits.

Enter Mortenebra: Fielding 12-14 models in 50 points seems like an optimal army to bring, and in addition it covers my main armies one major weakness, which is an opposing infantry horde that shoots. I met a Khador Winterguard army, with both Infantry and Riflemen, and if he hadn't misjudged the range to eGaspy by an inch (or actually he forgot about Darragh Wrathe moving him an inch), I would have lost that game. Mortenebra does not have that problem, and Infantry horde is actually a great match up for Mortenebra if you plan for it.

Now I've played very few games, so I need some practice before the qualifiers, and since I get to play on Mondays this leaves me two games to get ready :( ... I've had one already, so that's three games with a caster, and more or less the same number of games fielding Heavy Warjacks (I did field one before, and I got to move it once before it was destroyed, so that really doesn't count for much), to get ready for the qualifiers.

Last Monday I faced the guy who's won two out of three Danish Masters tournaments (the guys thought it was funny to match up the newest player against him), and he fielded a pGaspy army with two living models (Gorman & Warwitch Siren), so that was something of a nightmare game. Luckily for me I must have sacrificed just the right amount of chickens, to whatever dark lord controls the dice, and a no-focus Morty survived a pGaspy spell assassination and won me the game, but I really didn't learn anything since it was pure luck.

This Monday I'm going to run a 35 point list, and test the Stalker as part of my build. I switched out a Slayer for him, since I felt I needed an option against Sorcha and her wind rushing insane defense, and having something able to prevent transfers should keep a lot of the Warlocks hiding in the back.

Master Necrotech Mortenebra
- Deryliss
- Harrower
- Deathjack
- Slayer
- Slayer
- Stalker
Necrotech & Scrap Thrall
Warwitch Siren
Warwitch Siren

So that will be a T4 list, and now I just have to remember the benefits I gain from it, because I forgot that last time in the panic attack I had when I faced the dice legend and Danish Master. I'll let you know how it goes.
____________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment