Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Request: Cephalyx (2)

The requester didn't much like the pGoreshade list (I'm going to have to beat him with it, and make him repent the heresy), so we talked about alternatives. I thought a bit about another list a while back, but the cost seemed prohibitive at the time.


Now our nearby shop is moving north, and there's a massive sale going on, so perhaps it could work. I didn't do much thinking about the specifics, since I want to get his reaction before I move to the minor tweaks.

Lich Lord Asphyxious
- Deathripper/Nightwretch
- Deathripper/Nightwretch
Bile Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Cephalyx (Mind Slaver & 9 Drudges)
Cephalyx (Mind Slaver & 9 Drudges)
Cephalyx Overlords
Wraith Engine
Wraith Engine
The Withershadow Combine
Gorman di Wulfe
Saxon Orrik

Well placed Excarnate Biles, should be able to fill up both Wraith Engines, and perhaps manage a couple of souls for eGaspy as well. Having twenty models with Eyeless Sight, running rampage on a battlefield with 10+ clouds available, and where high defense models cease to exist due to Bile Thralls, sounds fun to me. I designed the list a while back with Bane Knights in mind, but it actually seems workable with Drudges.

2 comments:

  1. This one I like much better, at it features the Cephalyx as the premier component (in tandem with the engines). As always, I'm way more into the Deathripper than the Nightwrentch.

    If unsure about the number of souls in your opponents force, one WE could be taken out and Gaspy given any one of the nice helljacks at the same point level.

    As to the slightly sarcastic remarks about beating a certain requester with a certian pGoreshade list: Bring it on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll need to proxy a pile of models (I'm not sure I want to buy another four Scavengers for that one game), but you're on!

    ReplyDelete