Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Deus ex machina: Machine Wraith WIP

I've done a bit more work on my Machine Wraith conversion. The others are standard issue Machine Wraiths, but this one had no arms (since I used them on another project a while back), and since I had the conversion kit out already I kept going.

Just keep looking the other way, there's nothing behind you.
Deus ex machina is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object. I think that fits these Machine Wraiths perfectly.

This one has begun rebuilding itself to serve the new task assigned to it by Lich Lord Terminus: Assassination. My Machine Wraiths always end up in melee, and surprisingly they're turning out to be pretty darn good at it. I tried building him to look like he's emerging from behind a victim, and I don't think I failed completely.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll remove the wires from his mask. They look a little to much like a rebreather :)

    ReplyDelete