Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Skarlock: Cocytus WIP

Introducing Cocytus, the personal Skarlock to Lich Lord Terminus. Cocytus keeps the thralls in order when Terminus takes the field, and administers the strange concoction that completely unhinges the otherwise brilliant tactician, and launches Terminus towards his enemies in an all consuming rage.


Cocytus is based on the Skarlock body in an attempt to make him tournament legal. I think he's easily recognizable as a Skarlock, but it will be written on the front of his base anyway. His base will be a standard raised stone plateau, since the model has a lot of detail already.


I'm considering adding some additional instruments and soul cages on the top armor, but I'm not sure how it will look. At the moment he looks great, but more like a field surgeon than a Spell Slave, so that's something to consider.

10 comments:

  1. A couple of small soul cages on top gave it a bit more "feel", and I'm modeling a book to hang on his back as well. The rest will have to be done with runes and symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I like the left arm, but overall that looks pretty sweet. Definitely Skarlocky, but much tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Terminus-ish. I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :)

    The arms do look better IRL I think. I'll put up some pictures from the side when I'm done with the book, because right now the pose is a bit wonky.

    I also finished Rorsh & Brine today, so when the varnish is dry I'll shoot some pictures of them as well. The three Machine Wraiths and my Cankerworm were taken apart to be cleaned, so it's going to be a busy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reversing an arm so it looks like it's holding something in the palm of its hand might make it less surgeony and more spellcaster like. Maybe attach a cage or two to that arm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have to attach a hand first, but that was on the list anyway. I was thinking he could use some more arms, since there's no good reason to stick with just two when creating an arcane assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like him as well. He looks like a tougher version of the standard skarlock :) Like the kind of skarlock Terminus would bring to battle. I still think he needs some skarlock'ing up, but he's getting there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, seems like the time stamps of my posts are way off for some reason /: Or maybe it's just me. Just to be sure the date and time right now is: 23/01 2012 09:04 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strange. I've checked the settings and there's nothing wrong with them. We're posting things back in time... epic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea, it's kinda fucked up xD nothing too important, but still, it's kinda nice to have a precise date and time of a post :)

    ReplyDelete