Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Terminus Challenge: pIrusk

Monday I'll be going up against Khador, probably pIrusk. I'm fairly certain his list will look something like the one below. I know because I've been spying on him! Now the rubber band is on the other claw!


Kommandant Irusk
- Behemoth
Great Bears of Gallowswood
Kayazy Assassins (Leader and 9 Grunts)
- Underboss
Kossite Woodsmen (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts)
Winter Guard Infantry (Leader and 9 Grunts)
- Officer & Standard
- 2 Winter Guard Infantry Rocketeers
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Kell Bailoch
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
Reinholdt
Sylys Wyshnalyrr

This is could be interesting. His main objective will be to take out my Bile Thralls because leaving them alive will mean losing badly after my feat round. His feat will not save him from mass corrosion, and his high defense will mean nothing.

If he manages to take them out, I'm looking at matching low MAT against very high defenses, which will probably not end well. He does have a lack of kill pieces, and taking out the Behemoth, Eiryss, and the Great Bears will leave him looking at an armor 24 problem he can't solve.
Behemoth
Superiority means not letting Terminus get within 9.5" of this thing. Behemoth will most likely destroy Terminus, even at full camp, and relying on tough to save me is foolish. Getting him wrecked is priority number one, but the question is how. If I can get Terminus on him, and a Bane Thrall or Tartarus in there, then Brine can wreck him with PS 19/18 and a reroll.

Assuming he doesn't volunteer to get killed, the Cankerworm has to go do something about it, or pray I've got enough Bane Thralls left. Terminus can also do it himself, if I'm sure I can grab enough souls to survive the retaliation. Machine Wraiths won't do anything since he's a character jack.
Great Bears
Usually free lunch, but with this list there's a kazillion models to work through before I can get to them. With Battle Lust these guys can take down Terminus, and seriously hurt him even with Beyond Death up.
Assassins
I really don't want to lose Tartarus and my Bile Thralls. Even defense 16 is in "fhugedabutit!" country if that happens, but Rorsh has hit dynomite and for once I might end up using it. They don't have Pathfinder though, so Rorsh could theoretically make life hard for them with Pig Pen.
Kossites
Well... damn! They threaten 18-20" from either flank with their bows, which leaves my Bile Thralls 8" in the center to work with. Even RAT 4 hits Bile Thralls, and this completely circumvents my standard defense against ranged. I guess I'll have to accept losing two Bile Thralls in return for some tasty souls then.
Widowmakers
Will cost me another couple of Bile Thralls. I'm usually not scared of them, but if his only win condition is "kill all biles" they're a problem.
Winter Guard
Admonia makes this problem go away most of the time. I've been ignoring them with every other caster, but Terminus has no real answer expect himself. pDenny & Scaverous just stops them from spraying, and Mortenebra ignores them.
pEiryss
Remember meat shields, because this game is lost if I take that hit. I've been hit with eGaspy and Scaverous and still won, but not this Terminus and not this game.
Kell Bailoch
Sad Machine Wraiths are sad...

I think it comes down to how many tough rolls I can make on those Bile Thralls. It will be interesting though, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment